Wednesday, July 7, 2010

PHOTOGRAPHY MY LIFE


If anyone has ever wished for a dream job, what would it be?
It's pretty weird in thinking that I've been doing this for over 25 years. I don't feel old or wasted, even if the darkroom chemicals have not gotten over me as yet.
But today the darkroom is no longer being used, so I only think. But when we think of prestige work, names such as Robert Doisneau, Robert Capa, Man Ray, Ansel Adams and many others pop into my mind. Never will these fine photographers ever be replaced. The only one thing I tell people is, Keeping It Real. The first thing models ask me when I do a shoot, is words like " Do you do retouches " the shoot had not even taken place yet. In a world of cost cutting measures, and with the corporations that have taken over, It's like Karl Lagerfeld had recently mentioned. The world needs more artists, because everything has gone dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment